Exclusion

Nobody likes to be excluded. Whether it is exclusion based from color, height, sex, weight, nationality etc. etc. etc. For some reason when forming a business it seems that you have to exclude someone from your marketed audience. Is there a such thing as including everyone? I would like to believe so. I guess it is when your business takes exclusion too far, that's when a problem arises. One topic that is very dear to me is plus size fashion. It seems as though people in the fashion industry, are slowly but surely catching on, but then again, as I am learning, plus size fashion lovers have taken it upon themselves not to wait on larger industries, but develop their own line. I found a wonderful article on http://www.fullfigureplus.com/. And it made me realize that some time exclusion isn't a bad thing, because if it wasn't for exclusion, the pioneers of plus size fashion, wouldn't be pioneers at all. I also believe that opposition is good for the soul. It forces you to work harder in your field. Even now as I type about it worse case scenarios pop into my head about abusive opposition... I guess this is just one of those topics that can go horribly wrong, or terrifically right.

Check out the article below and take in consideration of who you may be excluding from your business and if it is at all preventable.

Courtesy of our favorite Head Blogger Mr.Glen L Johnson, MBA

Comments

Popular Posts