What's the point...

As I searched through old facebook statues so that I can find something profound to say... I realize the best writing that I ever do is straight from the heart. To begin, I am the founder of  "Real Divas are LARGE!! . Which is an accessory store. I honestly wanted to create a plus sized store, then I realized there are only two plus sized leaders in the world for one reason... they have money and it is RIDICULOUSLY hard to find fashionable plus size clothing...So temporarily I will have to put my dream on hold, at least that is what I thought. I discovered that I can begin my dream by starting off with accessories only. So I created a page on facebook and promoted my heart out... My business is growing everyday and I am extremely thankful to GOD. I have been in business since March 1, 2011 of this year. I swear I learn something new daily! I meet a new awesome person daily...my life seems to change daily as well. Sometime at the end of the day I am just flat out exhausted. But I refuse to stop because baby I am in love with owning a business. I just feel like this is what I have been longing for. Something like my "What I wanna be when I grow up" is becoming a reality. Even though my "...when I grow up" was to become a movie producer lol. Anyway I really don't want to focus to much on me, but more on the business itself. I am a strong believer of "you are who you hang with". I noticed that I excel more, when I am listening to motivational speaking, listening to gospel music, attending church-bible study and meditating on God's word. Now don't get me wrong, I am not out to recruit any Christians because if God gives of free will who am I to judge? But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord! (in my southern old lady voice) hehe. Anyway, one of the many things that have stood out the most for me is my two favorite pastors have came in agreement on this fact "If you help others rise to the top, God will take care of you". These aren't there exact words but it struck me like a cord. This is why I created this blog. I want to help others rise to the top in hopes that when I look at my life and business I realize that I am too there. I've always been one to lend a helping hand to friends and family, which sometimes sucks because you can feel unappreciated. So far my journey has taught me that this is my gift from God, and that I should in fact embrace it and not worry about gratitude and acceptance from people, but the self gratification that helping others is pleasing in God's eyes. And I don't know how you may feel about it but I know, PERSONALLY... that pleasing God can do a whole lot more for your life than people can. So enjoy "The Trip" (to the top that is...get it??!!! lmao) and please share what you may feel is beneficial to other "Dangerous Dreamers"-Jamal Bryant. TTYL <3

Comments

Popular Posts